It is often difficult to know whether or not you would be suited to a particular occupation.
There are many qualities required to effectively and ethically support people with a disability. These qualities can often be gained from different fields of work and life experiences. Age and maturity can often be an advantage and men still seem to be under represented in this field of work.
While it may be true that supporting people with a disabiltiy can be challenging, it is also true that the work will often produce a silver lining.
If you think you would be interested, check out the "Employment Opportunities" section of this site for more information on the types of roles possible in this organisation.
Any positions which are being advertised or require filling will appear in the Positions Vacant area.
KEY SUPPORT WORKER IN A SUPPORTED INDEPENDENT LIVING 'HOME' in BUNDABERG NORTH:
Carinbundi has an opening for an experienced and caring Key Support Worker to support and assist people with disabilities, in a Supported Independent Living 'Home', based in Bundaberg North. This role will not only entail managing Key Support workers, but include providing a range of personal care and/or support tasks relevant to Carinbundi's customers' full participation in the community.
The person we are seeking will report directly to the Senior Manager Residential Services, and partly to the Residential Team to ensure a safe and well-managed environment is provided for all service users and Carinbundi.
A strong emphasis is placed on actively engaging Carinbundi’s customers daily, and ensuring their goals are aligned to their activities whilst in the care of Carinbundi.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team, the Key Support Worker will contribute to the maintenance of a “home” environment and ensure that the support provided is delivered in a manner consistent with Carinbundi’s values, procedural guidelines, and relevant legislation.
The Key Support Worker will coordinate the team allocated to the house, and manage staff to ensure the customers live as independently as possible within the community. Customers are encouraged to take part in the management of their house and to participate in their local community.
This role plays an important part in ensuring the effective management and operation of the Accommodation House, and ensures that all residents have the opportunity to have all of their individual needs and goals met with the support of the staff working under the supervision of the Key Support Worker.
When applying for this senior role, please ensure you address the selection criteria below:
- Meets internal and external customer needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager Residential Services:
- Examines customer and/or carer/parent requests to properly identify and resolve their concerns.
- Supports customer efforts through program design, implementation, recovery, and follow-up to ensure attainment of individual customer goals.
- Develops, implements, monitors and reviews people’s Person Centred Plans (PCPs), Individual Support Plans (ISPs), Behaviour Support Plans (BSPs), Independent Personal Plans (IPPs), Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Fire Assessments annually; and other risk assessments as required.
- Liaises with other service providers, stakeholders and health professionals to assist in the support of the person with a disability.
- Seeks to empower customers to resolve their own problems.
- Provides support to the people using a Person Centred Active Support approach in areas such as personal care, health and wellbeing, accessing the local community, learning independent living skills, and implementation of Individual Support Plans, including the co-ordination of appointments and activities, and where appropriate, the documentation and communication of these.
- Establish positive relationships with families or significant others in the person’s life.
- Be efficient and accurate in reporting all required documentation.
Please ensure you read the Position Description for this role, by clicking here. if you feel you have what it takes to fulfil this role, then please email your resume, along with a one page letter, addressing the selection criteria, to email@example.com by Wednesday, 27th March 2019. Only those candidates who are selected for a short-list/interview, will be contacted after that date.